Bay Area Paving Experts Discuss Designs for Man’s Best Friend
You don’t have to compromise your own aesthetics when creating a great yard for your dog. Our experienced deck and patio installers, for instance, can help you design and build the outdoor elements to meet the needs of all family members, including your dog.
That said, if you’re constructing or modifying a dog-friendly backyard, you need to pay attention to certain key elements, including:
- A shelter that provides shade and a comfortable place to rest.
- Accessible water and feeding stations that are easy for refills. Ground or low-level fountains are also a great way to keep your dog hydrated.
- Fencing, whether a dog run or the entire yard, will protect your pet from leaving the safety of your yard and also keep larger dogs and predators from entering.
- Appropriately sized play areas to keep your dog healthy and entertained.
- Keep your landscape dog-friendly with sturdy, non-toxic plants and safe mulch and groundcover.
The Great Ideas
If you have the space and an active dog, hardscape designers can help you include other creative elements in your backyard.
- For water-loving dogs, build a small pond or pool. Only provide access to the family swimming pool if it has sloping sides or easily-accessible shallow stairs, so your dog won’t become trapped.
- Create pathways through the yard for your dog to patrol.
- Use a large, flat stone, or other hardscape materials, to create a lounging area.
- Add a dog-friendly obstacle course and include tunnels, climbing rocks, pathway obstacles, and more.
Hardscape Designs for Your Favorite Bay Area Hangout
Viking Pavers Construction is a family owned and operated business with great Yelp reviews and an A+ rating with the BBB. Let us help you design a dog-friendly backyard that your best friend will enjoy for years to come. Contact us today (800) 941-1014 to learn more about our hardscape options.