With the holiday season just around the corner, you might be wondering how you will decorate your home to make it look great. If you are in this position, then you might consider adding holiday lights to your home. Holiday lights give your home a dazzling look. The units allow you to strategically place the lights in different areas of your home to create any look that you want. Although there are many different types of holiday lights you can choose from, they usually range from the traditional C7 and C9 to more recent and modern LED lights. Holiday lights come in different sizes and shapes. It’s vital for you to know the pros and cons of each type so that you can make a more informed decision while purchasing.
The Pros and Cons of Holiday Lighting
1. C7 and C9 Holiday lights
C7 and C9 are some of the most popular holiday lights ever made. Actually, C7 and C9 represent their sizes. These lights have been popular for centuries. Known for their bold coloring and clear glow, they are available in a wide range of colors and styles.
– Best known for their brightness and long-lasting nature
– Their light is incomparable with most other holiday lights, and they tend to last longer
– Have a broad range of colors and patterns
– They are made of filament and glass which makes them fragile
– They are easily shattered thus making them questionable about outdoor lighting
– They can become incredibly hot and can sometimes be considered as a fire hazard
2. Incandescent Holiday Lights
Incandescent lights are smaller and more closely spaced compared to C7 and C9 lights. Most strings of incandescent lights have between 100 to 600 bulbs. The size, spacing, and color of the bulb are dependent on the specific model of holiday lights.
– Very popular due to their diversity
– Comes in all shapes and sizes, making them suitable for all occasions
– They are durable
– They are small and easy to decorate with
– Less bright compared to the C7 and C9, hence not
preferred for outdoor use
– Since they are wired, if one set is damaged, the entire series will not work
3. LED Holiday Lights
LED holiday lights are among the most recent holiday lights in the market. They have recently gained a lot of popularity since they give less heat than other options. Just like other options, they come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
– Emits much more vibrant colors
– They are incredibly durable in that they can be knocked, dropped or hit and remain un-destroyed
– They are incredible when it comes to saving energy
– They are more costly than other options
Let Viking Pavers Take Care of Your Bay Area Landscape Lighting
Holiday lights have been around since the 17th century. Homeowners now have a wide range to choose from according to their preference. Viking Pavers is a landscape design and paver installation company specializing in outdoor kitchens, patios, retaining walls, stone pavers, and walkways. Call us today at (800)-941-1014 for more information, or visit our website here.