Bay Area Landscapers Discuss Backyard Transformation Ideas
An outdoor kitchen design can transform your Bay Home home from “normal and pleasant” to “vacation and entertainment-worthy” in just a few days. If you’re looking for stylish, robust deck designs, we can help you create the hardscape of your dreams and increase the value of your property.
Consider these four battle-tested ideas from our outdoor kitchens installers:
- Integrate different mediums. Instead of keeping your outdoor kitchen uniform in stainless steel or brick, try mixing up the mediums with a durable surface and stone, wood, or stamped concrete accent work. The contrast will highlight the different areas, making your kitchen stand out and complementing your personal style.
- Don’t forget a prep area. BBQ island installers will remind you that an outdoor kitchen needs a prep area. Otherwise, BBQ can get unbearably messy in short order! Include surface space with a sink and a small refrigerator to prevent having to move from the house to the patio area too often.
- Keep the layout open. If you plan to entertain, establish enough extra space so you can work and socialize at the same time. Have comfortable seating nearby – those super uncomfortable plastic deck chairs generally will not do! — and build out the kitchen, so you can face your guests while cooking and serving.
- Be mindful of wind and smoke directions. The wind here in the Bay Area can be unpredictable to say the least. However, strive to anticipate how the wind typically blows in your yard, so you can avoid a layout that inevitably leads to smoke and ash blown into the faces of your guests whenever you light up the grill.
- Lighting. For late night dinners, don’t forget to think about your outdoor lighting. Outdoor televisions can also a popular addition, but not everyone in your family and friend group might approve of “glowing rectangles” outside. Be mindful of sensitivities and ambient light aesthetics when setting up your lighting.
Let the Bay Area Paver Experts Show You The Way
Call the Viking Pavers team today at (800) 941-1014 to get a free consultation about your dream outdoor kitchen – we can make it a reality!