Bay Area Hardscape Designers Explain How to Incorporate a Fire Pit into Your Patio and Landscape Design
Fire pits are becoming increasingly popular among Bay Area homeowners and developers, because they let people enjoy being outside even when the weather turns chilly. (And, as you likely know all too well, the weather here can often take a turn for the chilly when you least expect it.) Plus, nothing beats toasting marshmallows and s’mores in your own back yard with family and friends.
Patio fire pit installation will go smoothly if you follow these steps:
- Decide where you want your permanent fire pit to be located. Check with your local officials first. Some communities have regulations that specify where fire pits may be placed. In general, if there are no specific regulations, fire pits should be at least 10 feet away from your home and your neighbors’ homes. Also make sure to leave plenty of space between your fire pit and shrubs and low hanging branches.
- When planning the location, leave plenty of room for people to sit and relax around the fire pit. You know your own style better than anyone, so depending on how many people you intend to have at any one time make sure you leave enough space for chairs, guests, and small tables that you might like to place for convenient snacks and beverages.
- Don’t install the pit fire near flammable materials, such as wood or grass. Instead, place it near safe materials such as gravel or patio pavers. Additionally, while you should avoid burning your fire pit if it is windy, you may consider employing existing wind buffers around your home to choose your location.
- Decide whether you want the pit to burn wood or gas. Some new fire pits allow you to do both. Check with professional patio installers for more information about the latest advances in fire pit technology.
- Consider colors and textures that will complement your existing decor when choosing materials for your fire pit. Thanks to the growing popularity of recreational outdoor fire pits, Bay Area patio installers have a wide variety of colors, textures, and styles for you to choose from.
Viking Pavers Hardscape Designers: Bay Area Fire Pit Pros
Call or email our team for a consultation about how to create a safe, beautiful, fire pit or assist with other outdoor remodeling projects. As you decide on your landscape design preferences please feel free to take advantage of our pavers calculator to get a rough idea of the cost of the patio that you may consider as part of your backyard upgrade and contact us for more insights, help planning, and estimates for your project. The Viking Pavers landscape design team of contractors can be reached at (800) 941-1014 or online through our contact form.